Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Admit it.

The past two days I've walked in to 3 different stores that sell that alcohol for the sole reason of knowing how much cheaper it's going to be to drink next year.

On that note, I have a few hobbies and maybe one or two of them have sort of died out in the last year because of it hasn't been available to me. I love football, I refresh the same football site on my computer atleast 30 times a day and I get other football updates frequently sent to my phone. I also like listening to music that makes you think and then switching to a movie that makes me think. I overthink everything and while it is a curse, it's a slight blessing.

I've known a certain girl(well, REALLY known her) for a little over a week now and already she knows more about me than some friends I've known for several years...the trust is there and she actually cares, she pulls it out of me. She makes talking easier and thats something I wish I knew how to find more in a person because I'm generally terrible anywhere but behind a computer screen.

The past week, though, I feel as though if I wanted to approach a few of the people I'd seen I think I would've been comfortable doing so. I don't know many icebreakers and I'm not going be one of those guys that says some bullshit half-assed question like "how about this weather?" Fuck the weather, tell me what you've accomplished in the last year. Tell me what you hope to be doing in 3 months.

Don't sell yourself short, guys. Just because no one tells you something great about yourself, it doesn't mean there isn't anything there.
Think about it, whens the last time you really got to know someone?
It's tough.
Make sure everyone you meet knows who you are, they can either help you, hurt you or leave you alone but atleast you won't have the mystique of not knowing what their like.

1 comment:

  1. I agree totally on not selling yourself short. That's where so many people go wrong, I think.
    People just get complacent and settle. With a few exceptions, a little self-confidence never hurt anyone.
    Can you imagine how boring the both of us would be if we didn't overthink everything?

    ReplyDelete